As we predicted, Zwift HQ launched the long-awaited Prudential RideLondon course late last night. It’s beautiful! The rain shining on the streets is an especially cool effect, and the occasional thunderclap certainly wakes a bloke up.
We are busy creating Strava segments and compiling details for the various route options on the new course, so stay tuned for those posts. There are five different route options:
- London Loop: a 9.2 mile loop beginning on the Embankment along the Thames, then crossing it underground and magically transporting you to the Surrey countryside for a trip over Box Hill.
- Classique: a precise replica of PRL’s 3.3 mile Classique route in central London which begins on The Mall, goes up Constitution Hill, comes back on Birdcage Walk and the Strand. You’ll even ride by Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace.
- London 8: covers the London Loop and Classique, 12.6 miles.
- PRL Half: four laps of the London Loop, then turn around at the Surrey roundabout for a final finish through the banner on The Mall in the Classique section (~43 miles).
- PRL Full: eleven laps of the London Loop, then turn around at the Surrey roundabout for a final finish through the banner on The Mall in the Classique section (~100 miles).
Here are some photos posted by various Zwifters over on the Zwift Riders Facebook group: