Based on Strava’s data we can ascertain a few tasty details about the soon-to-be-released course:
- It is fairly flat except for the Box Hill climb of ~495′ (151m) which is ~2.4 miles (3.9km) long–quite close to the profile of the real life Box Hill
- Zwift HQ took liberties with the layout of the course so we don’t have to ride out to Surrey to enjoy Box Hill–it finishes at the Elephant & Castle
- The main course loop is ~9.2 miles (14.8km) long
- The course has an optional loop section ~3.4 miles (5.5km) long to the west through Green Park so we can race around Buckingham Palace–definitely something we won’t be doing in real life!
- We’ll be riding in the left lane
When will it be released?
Zwift HQ is staying tight-lipped about a release date, but since the Prudential Ride London race is July 30-31st, my guess is the course will be released sometime between late this Wednesday and early Friday.